2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butter ied and then cut in 3 pieces
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper All-purpose our, for dredging
6 tbl. unsalted butter
5 tbl. extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 brined capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
This is my KIDS FAVORITE DINNER! It’s so quick and easy, perfect for weeknights. It also makes for perfect for lunches the next day.
• Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in our and shake off excess.
• In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add half of your chicken pieces and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, ip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate.
• Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the remaining pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
• Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra avor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter.
• Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
• Serve with pasta and steamed broccoli.